Daily Essentials | Green Tea

November 08, 2015

Tea time.
I wake up with tea; green tea and lots of it. Though I love a good cup of coffee, it is more of an occasional treat and personally I find it a little heavy first thing in the morning. Tea though, is refreshing, relaxing and warming.
Just add hot water.
To the uninitiated they all say that  "tea is boring", but like all things it is a just a matter of perspective. There are many kinds of green tea, or rather varieties and they differ in the colour and shape of their leaves down to the flavour. Whilst some like their tea in a bag, I like mine loose (true Chinese style) and just keep adding hot water til the flavour fades before making a new brew.

I'm no tea connoisseur, usually I just pick whichever is sitting in the freezer (yes, storing tea in the freezer helps to keep them fresher for longer, even though they are all vacuum sealed...) and often than not it's either Long Jing (Dragon Well) or Tie Guan Yin (Iron Buddha) which are perhaps better known Chinese teas. I don't add any extras such as lemon or honey, for I think it ruins their natural flavour as they are meant to be enjoyed on their own. 

What are some of your daily rituals? Happy brewing.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Stay Updated

Labels