Avocado Smoothie with Almond Milk

April 26, 2015

Avocado smoothie with almond milk
Avocado smoothie with almond milk.
I've never been a great lover of shakes, be it fruit smoothies or veggie juice blends. But I stumbled across this smoothie idea while browsing the The Chalkboard and decided to give it whirl since I had most of the ingredients at hand and was interested to give almond milk a try. *I often browse The Chalkboard simply to gawk at the gorgeous photos*

What You'll Need (for two)

  • Half or a whole avocado;
  • Handful of baby spinach ( you can also use kale);
  • A knob of ginger;
  • 1tbs of honey; and
  • 2 cups of almond milk.
* I also add the juice of half a lemon.
    * All ingredients are to taste.

    Blend away!

    Overall, the texture of this smoothie is creamy but not heavy and the taste is quite fresh and subtle. For me a bit of extra ginger adds a bit more zing and a generous drizzle of honey gives the smoothie its sweetness (because I use unsweetened almond milk). 

    This is one to keep for the recipe book!


    You Might Also Like

    0 comments

    Stay Updated

    Labels