Ready. Set. Publish!

December 31, 2015

S&O Blog
Spinach & Olive blog debut. Notebook by Corban & Blair.
This is the public debut of Spinach & Olive! *drumrolls*

It has been over a year since I started this blog, mainly as a private domain for me to document my personal photography projects and a mish mash of other things, but I grew to love and treasure my bit of internet real estate (I sincerely hope you will too) and so why not share it with you all in the New Year! 

As a blog newbie, there was quite a learning curves and many hurdles to jump over, such as setting up the template, the look and feel of the blog, learning some basic html, coming up with a name, etc the list goes on. But with persistence and the help of Google I've managed to come this far, and I hope this space will only get better.

Things I've Learnt So Far

You won't get it perfect
It is so easy to get carried away with designing your blog, I mean at the end of the day it is a reflection of ourselves but it can also be endless. There were times when I thought I had the perfect font or colours only to change it a few days later. 

What is more important though is to keep writing your posts, because hey no one else can do that for you. The look and feel of your blog is an on-going task, something that is bound to change and evolve, so what you've already is probably good enough to begin with. Relax.

It's hardwork
Before starting this blog, I had no idea how much work is involved in producing posts from photography to writing and editing. What is tricky is not only taking good photos but photos that pair well with text that is well thought out. On occasions when your photos don't turn out the way you want, well there goes an afternoon's work.
S&O Blog
Spinach & Olive blog goals.

Blog Goals

Content. Content. Content
The most important thing for me is the authenticity and integrity of my blog. This is a personal blog so I'm writing out of my experience. My posts may not be about the latest greatest in beauty launches or what not but content on this blog will always be from the heart, well written with the aim of sharing with you guys what matters to me.

Growth
This is a long term goal, and by growth I'm not only talking statistics, followers etc but perhaps more importantly personal growth. My hope is that with this blog I'm able to record my own growth in term of my photography and my journey as a blogger. *Fingers crossed*
*
Soon into the new year, I will share with you the resources that I've found to be so useful in helping me set up this blog, so if you are newbie like me stay tuned! If you are a blogging pro, let me know some of the resources that have helped you along your journey.

Happy New Year & Happy Blogging! Now you can Follow my blog with Bloglovin 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Stay Updated

Labels