Barangaroo Reserve, Millers Point

February 27, 2016

Barangaroo Reserve
Barangaroo Reserve
It has been a while since I took my camera out for a day of shooting, the last time being back in November 2015 at Fort Denison. So when catching up with friends over lunch this weekend, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to take my camera along and also pay Barangaroo Reserve a visit to make the most of my day.

The Rocks and Barangaroo Reserve

It is always exciting to explore the city on foot, I find I'm more aware of my surroundings, visually composing shots in my head as I walk down the street and you will be amazed at just how many interesting elements and details you are able to capture when you are actively seeing.

The Rocks is full of history, though I've been here time and time again, it is an entirely different experience when you're walking down one of its main streets early Saturday morning with hardly anyone around. It is an area full of texture; from sandstone walls, brick walls to wrought iron gates. all of which give this place its richness.
Heritage listed Millers Point Post Office.
Heritage listed Millers Point Post Office.
Tucked away at the end of Argyle Street is Munn Street Reserve, entry to Barangaroo Reserve via Waranara Terrace. What struck me first was the stepped sandstone foreshore that leads your eye all around the headland, the stepped sandstone allow users to get very close to the water's edge and is a beautifully organic and rustic transition between the ocean and the land. Descending the Girra Girra Steps, you arrive at the Wulugul Walk which winds its way around the headland following the 1836 foreshore.

The reserve/headland covers a huge expanse of land, making my way around to Millers Point I arrived at Clyne Reserve and it is here that I saw up close what puzzled me all these years – the 'concrete mushroom', it wasn't until recently that I found out it is actually a disused control tower. Perhaps I have captured a bit of industrial history as it is soon to be demolished.
Girra Girra Steps.
Girra Girra Steps.
View of Dukes Pier from foreshore.
View of Dukes Pier from foreshore.
Panoramic view of Barangaroo Point from Nawi Cove.
Panoramic view of Barangaroo Point from Nawi Cove. 
'Concrete Mushroom'.
'Concrete Mushroom'.
Barangaroo Reserve is definitely a place worth the visit if you enjoy a day out with friends or family, or if you are looking to capture some interesting images both in and around the headland.

Oh don't forget to find me on social media!
___
Come and say hello!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Stay Updated

Labels