Four Photography Resources You Need to Know

July 10, 2016

Source: Pixabay CC0

It has been a while since my last photography related post (Be The Master of Your Own Photography Journey) and also just blogging in general. So I thought I get back into the swing of things by sharing with you some of my favourite photography related resources.

As a photography newbie, at times it is hard not to feel somewhat overwhelmed by the plethora of information that is out there from gear, lighting to photographic composition. But where do you start? Well, below are my top four picks that I turn to all the time for knowledge, technical know-how, tips and inspiration. They are by no means the be all end all of photography resources, they are just what I found to be helpful and the topics they discussed have resonated with me. If you have any photography resources that you'd like to share, drop me a comment! Now lets get to it!

Digital Photography School   I've been a long time reader of Digital Photography School and finally subscribed when I decided take photography more seriously. It is a treasure trove of information suitable for beginners as well as more advanced photographers. If I have a particular question be it composition related or camera related, chances are I can find it on the website. The weekly newsletter provides a variety of helpful articles across all fields of photography from landscape to food and not to mention they also have frequent sales at affordable prices of photography literature and photo editing bundles.

Gina Milicia Gina is a celebrated Australian celebrity portrait and lifestyle photographer, I'm a subscriber to her photography podcast So You Want To Be A Photographer hosted by her friend and journalist Valerie Khoo. I enjoy the light-hearted, conversational style of the podcasts and love how Gina explains photographic techniques and theory in simple, easy to understand terms. The podcast covers a range of topics from how-tos to ideas and stories that Gina herself encountered through her career. There's never a dull moment when you're listening to them two talk, also if you're a subscriber to her website, she will regularly send out free Lightroom presets. 

B & H – This Youtube channel is where I go to learn and be inspired. Their talk series such as Event Space and Optic features celebrated photographers from all fields and is filled with tips and tricks. For me, the talks have provided not just the how-tos, but more importantly an understanding of photography as a way to observe the world. The talks provide a glimpse of how successful photographers see and interpret the world and what photography means to them, so I come away every time with a little more understanding about the world of photography and just a bit more inspired. Definitely worth checking out!

Art of Photography – Last but not least Ted Forbes' videos are a pleasure to watch, not only are they great quality but they touch on some important issues that face every photographer today. What I particularly enjoy is the Artist Series; a series of short films on a particular photographer focusing on their art and also his videos looking at life and work by celebrated photographers such as Fan Ho (my favourite), Ansel Adams and Henri Cartier-Bresson. His videos are really about what the title says – the art of photography. 

So there you have it, my favourite four photography resources, hope you guys will enjoy my recommendations and find them to be helpful and inspiring like I have. As always, if you have any photography tips and tricks, let me know in the comments! 

Don't miss out on future posts, sign up to the mailing list!
___
Come and say hello!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Stay Updated

Labels