2017 Reading List

January 29, 2017

© Spinach + Olive
© Spinach + Olive

In my post 2017 – It's About Setting Goals, I'm keen to pick up reading again and more importantly selecting books that I actually want to read as opposed to just reading to clear up shelf space if you know what I mean.

So to kick off my year of reading, I've selected a mix of classics and modern literary works; both fiction and non-fiction. I'm sure some will be well-known and loved by you guys as well, of course, I will be adding to this list other discoveries throughout the year and perhaps do a short update on my progress and a book review in six months. Be sure to check back!

Here we go.


Crime and Punishment – Fyodor Dostoyevsky

In Praise of Shadows – Junichiro Tanizaki

Madam Bovary – Gustave Flaubert

Sorrows of Young Werther – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The Female Eunuch – Germaine Greer

The Help – Kathryn Stockett

The Silence of the Lambs – Thomas Harris

The Trial – Franz Kafka

If you're like me, who gets nauseous while reading on buses. cars or any other moving vehicle, but would still like to enjoy a book or two, I have a great Podcast for you! Best of all, it is free!


The Classic Tales Podcast 

by B.J. Harrison


Every week, this award-winning narrator bring you stories from around the world spanning a wide variety of genres. Some are well-loved timeless classics like Pride and Prejudice, while others I'm not so familiar with, but I've enjoyed his weekly episodes regardless! His narration is professional and story-telling is superb which makes listening to books all that much enjoyable. 

So, what are you planning to read in 2017? What are some of the books that made it onto your list?
Do you know of any other Podcasts? Let me know.

Happy Reading!
___

Like it, Share it!
Don't miss out on future posts, sign up to the mailing list!

Come and say hello!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Stay Updated

Labels